For access to the Zoom meeting, please contact a board member or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll begin with remarks from local elected representatives, continue with updates on events and initiatives we hope you’ll be part of, and then open the floor so you can tell us what’s been on your mind, and what we can do to help. Here’s a list of some of the topics we’ll be covering:
Overlook Park welcomes you, and could use your help:
- Neighbor Sharon Fisher will talk about her continued pursuit of saddle-style swings for children over the age of 2 for the play area;
- Neighbor Adreon Hubbard will discuss her new volunteer vine-removal work group, which meets every Thursday and Sunday, 2-4 pm, weather permitting;
- On Sunday, April 25, 2-4 pm, the ICA Events Committee will sponsor a socially-distanced work-and-play Earth Day in the Park.
Our Hall is preparing to welcome you:
- Committee members will discuss the maintenance and upgrades for which the ICA has received a state-funded grant;
- We’re hiring! Once the Hall re-opens for private events, we will need a new Hall Rental Manager;
- If the renovation schedule permits, we will host a Red Cross Blood Drive on May 6th, from 1-6pm, and May 7th, from 8am – 1pm.
Stay tuned for other proposed events this May, including our Spring Yard Sale and an online Cicada-related event.
We’re also exploring ways to communicate more effectively with all of you, and to strengthen the connection between all of us and our local business district. We’d really appreciate your suggestions.